Skip to main content

Ondo 2020 governorship poll will be my last election – Akeredolu


 The Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, has claimed that the October 10 governorship poll, will be the last he will contest in the state.


Akeredolu stated this on Tuesday while addressing the National Peace Committee and his opponents.


At the event, the Governor and all the other candidates signed a peace accord, pledging a violence-free election.


“This won’t be our first election, at least for me. This will be the third time around that I will be contesting in the state. And this will be the third and last time that I will be contesting an election in Ondo State. 

We went through elections in the last two occasions, all of us operating as brothers. I cannot recollect any violence in those two elections. But if we have one or two issues here and there, it is not to say that Ondo people are violent. Ondo State people, maybe learning from experience, have refused to be involved in violence. Elections here have always been peaceful.


KING ASA

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Study oversea

CUC CHICAGO UNIStudy MBA in the USA Complete your Master of Business Administration with CUC! At Concordia University Chicago, we are proud to provide students around the world with an outstanding education that merges Concordia-Chicago's historic commitment to education with academic innovation. Today’s business leaders must possess proven skills and a high level of managerial and technical ability. CUC’s MBA will give you the expertise and business acumen required to fulfil your professional aspirations. To propel you on your professional journey, Concordia-Chicago ensures a relevant program syllabus by working together with employers and keeping abreast of industry trends. You can be confident that you will graduate with skills that are highly valued and sought after by organizations worldwide. Create your story with CUC’s MBA program

Subscribe to my youtube channel

Tiktok Youtube

Quotes of the prophet

75 I truly believe that what Brother Vayle said is the Truth, that God will never put His Spirit in an unholy, unrighteous, disobedient temple. No. It’s got to come in the—the way of the cleansing of our hearts from all guile and iniquity, that we might be pure before God, that He might work His pure Holy Spirit through us, to bring these things to pass. I—I think that, when you go home tonight, if you’ll read that little Book of Jude, you’ll just learn a whole lot now of what Brother Vayle has said. And he said, “I earnestly contend for the Faith that was once delivered to the saints.” They got away from It. How man of corrupt mind, and so forth, had come in and beguiled them away from the—from the real things of God. 76 And God can only operate as we let Him operate. And there’s so many wonderful things, that I saying… 77 You know, people want power, and really they don’t know what power is. See, they—they don...